How to create a community post
Our pencil icon is gone. Here's a quick guide to what's replaced it.
Here's how to create a community post:
1. Login to the community. Not logged in? You can do that here.
2. Click on 'Contribute' in the top right corner of the green banner, and select 'Create a post'.
3. Only Contributors can create a post in the community. If you would like to post, and don't see the 'Contribute' menu then please get in touch with us and we can update your profile.
4. Click on the green 'New post' button. That's it for the changes, everything else remains the same!
5. You can add a title, an introduction (optional and limited to 300 characters) and your main text into the format box.
6. Select an appropriate channel from the options listed on the right, e.g. Behind the Paper.
7. We recommend adding a poster image. This is the image displayed at the top of the post (behind the title) and is used to generate thumbnail versions of your content for the homepage and in any channel collections. The poster image is also automatically pulled into social media posts so you can easily share your content on these sites. Images less than 1MB work best. You can upload a new image or select an existing image from your library.
8. You can add photos, figures, illustrations, etc. by clicking on the image button, add as many as you like!
9. You can add a video from any video hosting website, such as YouTube or Vimeo, by clicking on the video button and copying and pasting the embed code into the pop-up box.
10. You can also add hyperlinks by clicking on the link button.
11. You can save a draft of your post by clicking Save Draft and then return to it later by clicking on 'My Posts' in the drop-down menu when clicking on your profile. You will see a list of all your posts (drafts as well as those already published) and you can edit these at any time, even after publishing them, but clicking on the three dots next to each post and selecting 'Edit'. Don't forget, you also preview your draft in this way too.
12. When you are ready to publish your post, click Publish – making sure to select today’s date if you are returning to a draft version.
The post is now live on the Community site - congratulations!